Exceptional Care Begins at Calgary Core Physiotherapy
From "desk jockeys" to Olympic athletes, our clientele can testify to the way we get to the "core" issues of an injury and the results they see in their recovery.Meet the Team
Frustrated with your pain and injury?
Our treatments and therapies are evidence-based, effective, and tailored to your specific injury. We are leaders in the rehabilitation community in providing treatments that work.See Our Services
Looking for competent, efficient care?
Our team at Calgary Core Physiotherapy will walk alongside you every step of the way in your injury recovery. Let us help you get to the “core” issues of your problem and guide you in the right direction to a life without pain and injury.See Our Story
The Calgary Core Physiotherapy Trademark
At Calgary Core Physiotherapy, we pride ourselves in our ability to determine the core issues of your pain and injury. If you are a new patient, let us show you why so many of our clients recommend us to their friends, family and colleagues.New Patient? Start Here
Did you know that only 10% of the people suffering from chronic pain find out the cause of their problems? In the vast majority of the cases, the underlying conditions causing the symptom will remain unknown, which speaks volumes about the difficulty of treating them. Calgary Core Physiotherapy consists of a team of specialists with decades of experience behind them who focus not only on determining what’s causing the pain but how to eliminate both the source and its manifestations.
Calgary neck pain is probably the most annoying for several reasons:
- It usually isn’t omnipresent, but it worsens with every move of the neck or when turning the head, rendering the patient unable to function properly
- You cannot avoid triggering it because, by construction, you will have to move your neck many times a day
- It can be associated with other symptoms as well, including headaches, difficulties swallowing, dizziness, and even facial and shoulder pain
- There is no single effective treatment; dealing with the condition slightly varies depending on its symptoms, underlying causes, and the patient’s clinical history, among other factors
Add to all these factors the, in the US alone, over 100 million people suffer from chronic pain, with 15% of the cases involving the cervical type, and you can see why it is such a drag to combat. Furthermore, in almost 80% of the cases, chronic pain will relapse after two to three years following the treatment; this makes it extremely important to identify the procedures that work the best for your case in particular.
How to treat neck pain?
Calgary neck pain can be challenging to treat using conventional medicine. And trying to live with it is not an option. Approximately 20% of people have declared that their sleeping patterns are disrupted because of it, 51% said that they have no control over it and almost 80% of the respondents reported that they feel anxious and even depressed as a result.
This makes chronic pain, and especially the one located in the cervical area, one big problem that can only be treated by going out of the box. One of the most compelling methods refers to the Class IV Laser Therapy which, compared to other laser treatments, displays a wide range of advantages such as:
- More power for a deeper tissue penetration
- Higher laser wavelengths meant to accelerate the healing process
- Decreasing both the pain levels and the inflammatory response in the soft tissue
- Boosts blood flow in the affected region
- Supports better oxygenation of the area
- Increases the ATP activity in the muscles, speeding the recovery effects at a cellular level
If your Calgary neck pain derives from other sources than muscle trauma or similar conditions, other treating methods are available as well, like acupuncture, joint manipulation, PRP injections and others. Our goal, at Calgary Core Physiotherapy, is to provide people with better options for dealing with their suffering. You cannot continue living with chronic pain, and traditional medicine is not as effective as it should be. It is time for innovation and for the new-wave medicine to take over.Calgary Neck Pain
View Larger Map